Support our educational content for free when you purchase through links on our site. Learn more
Are you curious about Joe Rogan’s martial arts journey and the belts he has earned along the way? Look no further! Our team at MMA Ninja™ has delved deep into the topic to provide you with all the juicy details. From Tae Kwon Do to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Joe Rogan’s martial arts journey is an inspiring one. So, let’s dive in and explore the world of Joe Rogan’s martial arts belts!
Table of Contents
- Quick Answer
- Quick Tips and Facts
- Which Belts Does Joe Rogan Have?
- Black Belt #1: Tae Kwon Do
- Black Belt #2: Jean Jacques Machado BJJ
- Black Belt #3: Eddie Bravo’s 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu
- Why Did Rogan Give Up Fighting?
- About Me
- Legal Information
- Recommended Links
- Reference Links
Joe Rogan holds black belts in Tae Kwon Do, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ), and Eddie Bravo’s 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu. His martial arts journey has been a lifelong passion that has shaped his career as a commentator and advocate for mixed martial arts (MMA). Joe Rogan’s dedication to martial arts is evident in his expertise and deep understanding of various disciplines.
Quick Tips and Facts
- Joe Rogan holds black belts in Tae Kwon Do, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and Eddie Bravo’s 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu.
- He started his martial arts journey with Tae Kwon Do at the age of 14.
- Rogan has trained extensively in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and is affiliated with the Jean Jacques Machado lineage.
- He is also known for his involvement in the 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu system developed by Eddie Bravo.
- Joe Rogan’s martial arts journey has greatly influenced his career as a commentator and advocate for MMA.
Which Belts Does Joe Rogan Have?
Joe Rogan’s martial arts journey has taken him through various disciplines, earning him black belts in three different styles. Let’s take a closer look at each of these belts and the impact they have had on his life and career.
Black Belt #1: Tae Kwon Do
Joe Rogan’s martial arts journey began with Tae Kwon Do, a Korean martial art known for its dynamic kicks and fast-paced movements. He started training in Tae Kwon Do at the age of 14 and eventually earned his black belt. Tae Kwon Do provided Rogan with a strong foundation in striking techniques and discipline.
Pros of Tae Kwon Do:
- Emphasizes high kicks and fast footwork.
- Develops flexibility, agility, and cardiovascular endurance.
- Enhances self-defense skills and discipline.
Cons of Tae Kwon Do:
- Limited focus on ground techniques and grappling.
- Less practical for real-life self-defense scenarios.
- Can be more sport-oriented than self-defense-oriented.
Joe Rogan’s Tae Kwon Do training laid the groundwork for his future endeavors in martial arts and instilled in him a passion for the discipline.
Black Belt #2: Jean Jacques Machado BJJ
Joe Rogan’s journey in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) is a significant part of his martial arts story. He has trained extensively in BJJ and is affiliated with the Jean Jacques Machado lineage. BJJ focuses on ground fighting and submission holds, making it an essential skill set for MMA fighters.
Pros of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu:
- Emphasizes leverage and technique over strength.
- Provides highly effective self-defense skills.
- Enhances physical fitness, mental focus, and problem-solving abilities.
Cons of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu:
- Steep learning curve and requires consistent training.
- Can be physically demanding and intense.
- Limited focus on striking and stand-up techniques.
Joe Rogan’s dedication to BJJ has not only earned him a black belt but also shaped his career as a commentator and advocate for the sport.
Black Belt #3: Eddie Bravo’s 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu
In addition to his training in traditional Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Joe Rogan has also embraced the 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu system developed by Eddie Bravo. This system focuses on unique techniques and positions that differ from traditional BJJ. Rogan’s affiliation with 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu showcases his willingness to explore different styles and adapt his skills.
Pros of 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu:
- Offers a unique and innovative approach to grappling.
- Emphasizes flexibility, creativity, and adaptability.
- Provides a supportive and inclusive community.
Cons of 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu:
- Less widely recognized than traditional BJJ.
- Limited availability of 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu schools in some areas.
- May require additional training in traditional BJJ for a well-rounded skill set.
Joe Rogan’s involvement with 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu demonstrates his open-mindedness and willingness to explore different approaches to martial arts.
Why Did Rogan Give Up Fighting?
Joe Rogan’s decision to step away from fighting was a personal one, influenced by various factors. While he had a successful career as a martial artist, including competing in Taekwondo tournaments, Rogan ultimately decided to focus on other aspects of his life and career. He found his true calling as a commentator, podcaster, and advocate for MMA.
Rogan’s passion for martial arts has remained strong, but he chose to channel it into other avenues where he could make a significant impact. His role as a commentator has allowed him to share his knowledge and insights with a wide audience, further contributing to the growth and popularity of MMA.
Is Joe Rogan a martial arts champion?
While Joe Rogan has competed in Taekwondo tournaments and has a background in martial arts, he is not considered a martial arts champion in the traditional sense. However, his expertise and knowledge in various disciplines have made him a highly respected figure in the MMA community.
Is Joe Rogan a 10th Planet black belt?
Joe Rogan is not a black belt in the 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu system. However, he has trained extensively in the 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu style developed by Eddie Bravo and is a vocal supporter of the system.
What rank is Joe Rogan in Jiu Jitsu?
Joe Rogan holds a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under the Jean Jacques Machado lineage. His dedication to BJJ has been evident throughout his martial arts journey.
How has martial arts influenced Joe Rogan’s career?
Martial arts has played a significant role in shaping Joe Rogan’s career. From his early training in Tae Kwon Do to his extensive knowledge of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Rogan’s martial arts background has provided him with a deep understanding of the sport. As a commentator, he brings a unique perspective and expertise to his analysis of MMA fights. Rogan’s passion for martial arts has also led him to advocate for the sport and contribute to its growth and popularity.
Joe Rogan’s martial arts journey is a testament to his dedication and passion for the sport. From his early days in Tae Kwon Do to his black belts in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu, Rogan’s expertise and knowledge have made him a prominent figure in the MMA community. His decision to step away from fighting and focus on other aspects of his career has allowed him to share his insights and contribute to the growth of MMA. Joe Rogan’s martial arts journey is an inspiration to aspiring martial artists and fans alike.
- Shop Tae Kwon Do equipment on Amazon
- Explore Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu gear on Amazon
- Discover 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu essentials on Amazon